Chiyu Technology release the solution which is to be able to offer a product that as a main feature has “card anti-cloning / anti-counterfeit mechanism” technology. We believe that the cloning of the badge is one of the weak points in most of the access controls market, and it is fundamental for us to be able to offer other alternatives outside the ecosystem of HID technology and additionally be cost and competitive.
WHY DESFire and OSDP?
DESFire EV1 and EV2.
The evolution of industry-leading MIFARE® DESFire® offers superior performance, state-of-the-art security, privacy and enhanced multi-application support to enable new business models.
Common Criteria certification:
- EV1: EAL4+ for IC hardware and software
- EV2: EAL5+ for IC hardware and software
More Security: OSDP v2 with Secure Channel protects readers against hacking using AES-128 encryption.
More Functionality: OSDP uses 2 wires, allows for multi-drop installation, supervises connections to indicate reader malfunctions, is scalable to connect more field devices, and more.
More Interoperability: Using OSDP enables communication among different manufacturers' devices.
More Consistency: Not only does OSDP provide a concise set of commonly used commands and responses, it eliminates guesswork, since encryption and authentication are predefined.
What is reading sector and its benefits?
In the modern world, our wallet already contains more than one MIFARE card, for example, the Personal ID card, credit card, also the Octopus in Hong Kong, EzLink in Singapore, Suica in Japan and EasyCard in Taiwan. For a person may has cards for different application, with reading sector, as known as MIFARE Application Directory(MAD), a terminal identifies multiple cards and is able to choose the correct one very fast, simply by checking the MAD.
With reading sector feature, you can assign a reader can only read specific MAD MIFARE card, this can allow you to protect your projects.
How to use reading sector?
We will provide a bundle package:
- Software, which allows Service Card to change its secret key.
- Service Card, who can be implemented a secret key by D8 MIFARE programmer.
- User Card, whose secret key can be modified by D8 MIFARE programmer for ONCE. Once the key implemented, the card can only modify its card number.
- D8 MIFARE reader, which allows writing secret key inside the Service Card and User Card.
- Reader, which can be allowed to writes a secret key with Service Card for ONCE.
Secret key, a value both for reader and card, if their key is same, then they can communicate with each other.
OSDP, each mentioned Reader supports the OSDP V1 and V2 protocol, OSDP enables communication among different manufacturers' devices and solutions, if you connect our OSDP reader to an OSDP supported device, should able to work properly.
Frequently Ask Questions:
1. Can we purchase the Mifare DESFire card or a fob from another manufacturer?
A. For general version, card and fob can only be purchased from Chiyu.
For OEM version, card and fob can be outsourcing.
Please check the Specification for their different.
2. As per the User Card has to write card ID number, is it able to generate sequence card number when writing?
A. Yes, if you start from 1000, the next card ID number would be 1001.
3. For the secret key of both User Card and Reader can only be implemented once, but if we want to move from one project site to another, can we neutralize the Reader? Cause' the reader more expensive.
A. The neutralization of the reader will decrease the total security grade, we do not provide neutralization function for now.
|CARD ID Programming|||||
|Read Card ID|||||
|Write customer key in CARD for once|||||
|Write customer key in READER for once|||||
|Change Service card’s customer key|||||
|DESFire EEPROM Size 1K/2K/4K/8K|||||
|Write OEM key in Service card|||
|Initialize OEM key for a CARD or fob|||
- * There are two secret keys, A key is Chiyu’s key or OEM’s key; B key is customer key.
- ** The DESFire card or fob purchased from Chiyu will preload Chiyu’s key.
|Product||Model No.||Wiegand Type||RS485 OSDP V2||Mifare||DESFire EV1/EV2|
|WR-M5-WC||26 / 34 / 66||CSN||CSN|
|TWR-M5-WC||26 / 34 / 66||CSN||CSN|
|Webass Lite-WC||26 / 34 / 66||CSN||CSN|
- * The CSN serial number that came with the card or fobs, and this is the same number printed on it.
- ** As per reading sector can change the card number, it may conduct the card number is different from printed number, as known as CSN serial number.
- *** THE CARD AND READER CAN ONLY WRITE CUSTOMER KEY AND CARD NUMBER FOR ONCE.