HARDWARE-COULD NOT CONNECT TO CONTROLLER
- Execute the IP Search tool software to search Terminal, if you could find it successfully, then skip to Step 4. Otherwise, follow up the Step 2.
- Make sure the installation and power for the terminal.
- Check up LAN and Internet connection if it is ok.
- Check up the IP for PC and Terminal are being set up in the same Domain. For example ; Fingerprint IP is 192.168.0.66, then the IP for the PC should be within in 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.0.254. Besides, Sub-Net Mask must be set up as 255.255.255.0. Under the Windows Operation System, you may check up TCP/IP protocol through Control Panel Internet Option.
- Check up if there's any IP conflict between devices and Fingerprint Scanner.
SOFTWARE-ERROR MESSAGE OCCURRED WHILE ESTABLISHING A CONNECTION TO SQL SERVER.
- SQL Server configuration manager -> Check if SQL Server is running or not.
- SQL Server management studio -> Check if Database is attached or not.
SYSTEM OPERATION IS UNSTABLE, AFTER POWER UP, BUZZER IS STILL WITH LONG-BEEP OR THE FINGERPRINT SCANNER READER IS NOT ABLE TO COLLECT THE FINGERPRINT.
- Check up the power supply if it's a 12V/ 1A output for power up the device.
- Check up the power terminal which is fixed tightly with device.
- Check up if there's any device used the same power with the device...
- Remove the device if there's device used the same power pool, except the Fingerprint Scanner to see if the Fingerprint Scanner is workable this way by solely power up.
EXIT BUTTON COULD NOT WORK.
- Check up the Button condition if it's defected.
- Check up the wiring on the Button if it's correct.
- Check up if the Time Zone setting for Entrance/Exit side buttons are activated and properly assigned (with Anytime).
FALSE ACCEPTANCE FOR THE FINGERPRINT
- Check up if the setting for verification level is lower, please make it a higher level then test it again, if necessary.
- If the result is the same after adjusted the verification level, then please registered the person again who has been falsely accepted by the device. You may put the finger on the Fingerprint Scanner then press # Key to confirm the registration by device for a better/readable fingerprint data. It would be better that the grade of the setting is higher than 70.
FINGERPRINT IS UNREADABLE
- Check up the power supply, if it's a 12V/ 1A power output for power up the Fingerprint Scanner.
- Check up user's finger if it is too dry to read for the scanner, if yes, moisture user's finger and try it again.
- Check up if the fingerprint data is unreadable, if yes, it should be registered again. User can put the finger on the Fingerprint Scanner then press # Key to confirm the registration by device for better/readable fingerprint data. It would be better that the grade of the setting for the fingerprint data is higher than 70.
- Check up the verification level, you may tune a lower verification level for the scanner and try it again.
- Observe if it is a new device and you should assist users to put the finger on the scanner properly for a better verification result.
Note: Finger will be drier when the temperature is low (or in the winter season) that may lead a verification variety.
RED LIGHT ON THE FINGERPRINT SCANNER READER ISN'T LID
- Press # Key to observe if the red light lid on the Fingerprint Scanner.
- If not, check up the connection wire between Fingerprint Scanner module and terminal panel is correct or not. Or, it maybe a defective of Fingerprint Scanner module or Terminal panel.
- If the red light lid and the Scanner is still workable, that means the Auto-Scanning function is being inactivated. You may sign in the Administration Menu page from the Fingerprint Scanner, then sign off the Menu, the Auto-Scanning function will be activated by this way, and the red light on the reader will be lid.
NO SCREEN ON THE LCD
- Check up the power adapter if it is a 12V/ 1A output.
- Check up if the bus wire, which connected to LCD, is loose or not.
- Power off the adapter and disconnected the bus wire on LCD, and try it again.
- Power on the LCD, and try it again.
USER FORGOT THE IP ADDRESS OF THE FINGERPRINT SCANNER
- From PC: Execute the IP search Tool, to solve it.
- From Fingerprint Scanner: Sign in to the Administrator Menu from the Fingerprint Scanner, System set-up, IP address, to find the IP.
USER FORGOT THE ADMINISTRATOR'S PASSWORD
- Please contact Chiyu Technology, for further instruction.
WEB SCREEN COULD NOT SAVE THE SETTING AFTER SOME CHANGES ARE MADE
- Contact with Chiyu for instruction.
- Advise Chiyu with Firmware version that currently used.
- Gain the Firmware with correct version (WEB code and System code).
- Upgrade the Firmware and test again.
SYSTEM SOFTWARE COULD NOT DOWNLOAD DATA
- Check up the IP setting for the Fingerprint Scanner is correct.
- Check up the communication Port : TCP2000, UDP2000 are being released. If not, you should release these Ports. Or, you should check up if the connection is blocked by Firewall or not.